1. Look at yourself from the inside out. It's a good idea to observe your body type. Many brides diet before their big day. So, if you're planning to drop a few pounds to fit comfortably into your dream gown, begin a regular exercise routine at a local gym. This has other benefits besides losing weight: 1) You'll be well on your way to better circulation (which will help your skin from the inside out); and 2) When you workout, you sweat, which eliminates lymphatic fluid and toxins, your body's method of naturally cleansing your skin. And not only will you look better, you'll feel better from your body's natural increase of endorphins (aka the "feel good" hormone).
2. Observe your skin's condition from head to toe. Taking care of your hair is a must. Some African-American hair tends to be dry, so be sure to moisturize your scalp and hair on a daily basis. And if you're wearing braids or weave, be sure your scalp is thoroughly conditioned, and see your hair stylist regularly to keep your hair healthy.
3. Be conscious of what you're putting into your body. As the saying goes, "You are what you eat." Your skin reflects what you eat and drink. According to some studies, eating essential fatty acid found in foods like salmon, tuna, nuts and seeds creates a huge benefit, enhancing the condition of hair and skin. General good health can be improved by eating fresh fruits, vegetables and legumes and drinking six to eight glasses of water daily. Also, don't over-indulge in junk food, but at the same time, don't deprive yourself. A small treat, while remembering portion control, is key.
4. Caffeine. Drink caffeine in moderation, and drink only one cup of coffee per morning. And drinking half decaf and half regular is a plus!
5. Cut back on alcohol consumption. Planning a wedding is full of special events along the way that frequently involve alcohol. But, keep in mind that alcohol can cause your skin to become dehydrated, which can cause a wrinkled appearance. With that said, drink in moderation.
Need more tips? Check out our source!