* Arrive at the rehearsal on time.
* Show up at the wedding prior to other guests.
* Wear the requested attire.
* Escort guests to their seats (if necesssary).
* They may escort a bridesmaid down the aisle before and after the ceremony.
* Dance with a bridesmaid at the reception.
* Have some fun and stay relatively sober.
- If your groom has a friend that may not have the finances to participate as a groomsman, he can ask the friend to be an usher. This is also a good way reduce the wedding party numbers if necessary. You can also ask other friends to be readers or to light candles.
- There is no such thing as a "right" number of attendants to have. You don't even have to have an equal number of groomsmen and bridesmaids.