Do you want to have a fun and fabulous Mardi Gras party this year? Check out these tips and ideas to help you get started:
- Create a festive mask to send as your invitation.
- Use the colors purple, green and gold, Mardi Gras colors. One idea: layer purple cardstock on top of green, and write the party details in a gold paint pen.
- Planning a crawfish boil for the party? Include a bib with the invite.
- Use Mardi Gras Colors throughout.
- Adorn yourself and guests with Mardi Gras beads. You can also pile them on tables, place then on curtain rods and sling them over light fixtures for a festive touch.
- Give your guests feathered masks to wear and/or encourage them to wear a Mardi Gras costume.
- Include a little Spanish moss, which is plentiful in New Orleans. You can get it from a craft store, and use it around the room on potted plants or as table centerpieces.
- Search the Internet or your local party supply store for more Mardi Gras decorations.
Traditional Mardi Gras food includes:
- Shrimp and crab appetizers
- Crawfish boil
- Red beans and rice
- Mardi Gras King Cake
For more tips and ideas, check out Throwing a Mardi Gras Party and Mardi Gras 2012 Party Ideas.