Going shopping for the dress soon? Check out these helpful tips before you go:
1. Limit the entourage. Do not bring a big group with you when going gown shopping. Get one or two of your closest friends to go with you and help you start the search. That way, you can find the dress of your dreams and not feel pressured by other people's opinions.
2. Remember: Hidden costs add up. Keep in mind that your wedding gown budget isn't limited only to your dress. You also have to think about your veil or headpiece and alterations, which will add to the bottom line. So, make sure you factor in all extra costs before telling your consultant/salesperson your final gown-shopping budget.
3. Undergarments are optional. Most bridal shops provide a few different types of bras in the fitting room. But, if you have a particular bra you want to wear or plan to wear a certain body shaper, bring it. Just remember: You'll eventually need gown-specific undergarments for your first fitting (but not the initial appointment).
4. Bridal shops/salons take requests. While a bridal salon may carry your favorite designer, it may not have the exact dress you want to try on. But, if you contact them ahead of time and request a certain style, it's very likely that a salon staffer will be able to get a sample of that gown especially for you.
5. Don't get discouraged. Luckily, there are hundreds of bridal designers in the world with thousands of designs. This means that the odds of discovering your fabulous gown is pretty good. Yes, not finding 'the one' on your first trip can be a disappointment, but don't give up. You will find it.
Check out five more tips here. Happy gown shopping!