You've got everything ready for the big day, and everything is going smoothly. Then, oh no! It starts to rain! Of course, they say a rainy wedding day brings good luck, but who wants to deal with that kind of weather?
Here are some tips to help you have a fabulous wedding, even if it rains:
- Having an outdoor ceremony? Be sure there is a tent set up and some umbrellas available for guests.
- Have a trusted bridesmaid, friend or relative carry a "rainy day kit." Include bobby pins, hairspray, makeup and any other necessities that will help you refresh your look if you get rained on.
- If the weather is really bad, think about getting dressed at the ceremony venue rather than at home or in your hotel room. It will be easier for you to maintain your look.
- If you're taking your dress anywhere, be sure to use double plastic covers to protect it.
- Wait until the absolute last minute to put on your shoes. You don't want them to get muddy. Another option: If you're having an outdoor ceremony, you could walk down the aisle in colorful, cute rain boots.
- Contact your vendors, and be sure they are ready for potential rain.
- Have a few ushers escort guests who might not have umbrellas. They will appreciate it.
- If you're getting married at a country club or a similar venue, ask if you can use an indoor banquet room instead of a patio. If the weather doesn't look too good, some venues might be very willing to accommodate you.
- Wear waterproof makeup.
- Keep this French saying in mind: "Mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux," a wet wedding means a happy marriage!