Many couples spend at least a year in the spotlight as an engaged couple. For some people, it can be tough to go from planning a wedding and having all eyes on you to the married life. If you're experiencing post-wedding blues, here are five ways to get out of your funk:
- Gain perspective. Yes, your wedding was fun, but it was just one day; your marriage should last a lifetime. Truthfully, the day after your wedding is the really exciting day-- it's the start of your life together. You now have the opportunity to show your commitment and love to each other daily, create a family and home and dream big. Begin by talking about your next big goal; it could be putting away for a romantic weekend getaway or buying your first home. This will give you something else to focus on.
- Get cozy. You've probably done nothing but think about and plan a wedding for the last few months. And while it might have been, it was still work; planning a wedding can drain your energy and increase stress. Now that it's over, you probably have recaptured some precious time. With that said, it's okay to take a rest and do nothing for awhile--savor your newfound laziness.
- Go out. Sometimes, engaged couples tend to desert their friends and family leading up to the wedding because they're swamped with things to do. Make it up to them by having dinner, seeing a movie, going for a hike or taking a trip to the beach. Do something you enjoy and haven't had time to do in a while. Your friends and family will appreciate your company and boost your spirits.
- Have a party. If you really crave another celebration, set a date for a get together at your place. Sure, it'll be smaller than a wedding, but you can still make invitations, centerpieces, place settings and a menu. You can show off all the fabulous gifts you received and put them to good use. Invite those you wish you could have spent more one-on-one time with at the wedding. And be sure to have loads of fun!
- Take on a project. Many newlyweds feel nostalgic after their weddings, and that's okay. Feel free to embrace it by talking about your wedding, looking at the photos and watching the video. You could also tackle on a project that would honor your wedding in some way. For example, you can create a collage of your wedding photos or create a scrapbook. These activities will help keep your mind busy, give you the opportunity to think about the happy memories and leave you with a momento you can use whenever you want to put a smile on your face.
Source; Photo Credit: weddingbells.ca