Here are a few more fun wedding facts for your reading pleasure:
- The longest train for a wedding dress was made in Germany and measured 515 feet.
- The longest engagement on record was between Octavio Guillen and Adriana Martinez. They were engaged for 67 years.
- New Yorkers Richard and Carole Roble have taken their vows 55 times, all in different locations and at least once in each of the fifty states.
- On average, 7,000 couples marry each day in the United States.
- Seventeen tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the U.S.
- Valentine's Day and New Year's Day are the two busiest wedding days in Las Vegas.
Source: Wedding Facts and Trivia