You're coming up on the anniversary of your first full year of marriage -- happy anniversary! Traditionally, paper is the gift for the first wedding anniversary. However, it can be difficult to find ideas for gifts that feature paper prominently and that are romantic. Luckily, it's not impossible; read below for a few ideas that your spouse will surely love:
- Tickets. Whether they're for a concert, sporting event or maybe a second honeymoon, be sure it's an event your spouse will truly enjoy.
- An invitation. If you want to make dinner or take your spouse out, you can invite him or her with a nice invitation you create yourself or buy. This shows that you put thought into the date since you're paying attention to the details while still incorporating paper.
- Scrapbook. Creating a paper scrapbook that features photos (which are printed on paper) is a very meaningful gift. You can focus on the wedding itself or document your first year as a married couple, from your wedding to your first anniversary.
- Gift certificates. A gift certificate to your spouse's favorite store or spa or a movie rental subscription gives him the opportunity to choose whatever he desires. Also, this can be a good excuse to shop together, get a couple's massage or have movie night.
- A love letter. There's nothing that says, "I love you," more than a thoughtful, sincere, handwritten love letter. Not only is it old-fashioned and sweet, it will also warm your spouse's heart.