Want to plan a fabulous wedding but don't want to break the bank? Check out the following tips for ways to plan your wedding on a budget:
- Get married in off-season months: January, February, March and November.
- Get married on any day but Saturday.
- If you can't afford a designer gown, think about renting one instead.
- Most big bridal shops have big sales each year. Be sure to take advantage of this.
- Using silk flowers can save you lots of cash, and best of all, they're already preserved. The bride can use fresh flowers, but no one else really needs to.
- You can use silk flowers to decorate the ceremony and reception venues as well.
- Check out dollar stores when shopping for candles and candleholders. Additionally, dollar stores and places like Wal-Mart have many items you can use to decorate.
- Try to choose one person who can do both hair and makeup.
- Hire a caterer that provides everything you'll need such as glassware, plates, tablecloths, etc.
- Try to find a venue that will let you bring your own alcohol.
- Wedding coordinators can save you money; they are aware of additional ways to save money, they know what to say and ask your vendors, and they have connections in the industry.
For more tips, check out General Tips on How to Plan a Wedding, but not go broke!!