- Escort cards are sometimes confused with place cards; they designate guests' table assignments. Place cards tell guests exactly where to sit.
- They are sometimes referred to as "table-assignment cards" or "seating cards." Whichever term you use is fine.
- Place escort cards in alphabetical order according to guests' last names. Put them near the entrance to the cocktail-hour location (not by the door) or in the middle of the venue, so guests can come from all sides.
- One escort card will work for a couple since they'll sit at the same table. Otherwise, write out a card for each guest.
- Use titles like "Mr. John Doe" or "Dr. Jane Doe" at formal weddings. If the wedding is casual, use first and last names only like "John Doe."
Source: Brides magazine, June 2010; Photo Credit