Want to have an unique and awesome Christmas party but don't have any ideas? Here are five that'll set yours apart:
- Reverse Christmas in July. Many people choose summer's hottest month to pretend it's Christmas. You can flip this tradition by having a beach-themed soiree in the middle of winter! Consider including mojitos (or other summery beverages), beach balls and bottles of sunscreen.
- Trim the tree party. Since putting up your first Christmas tree as an adult is kind of a big deal, you could have a "tree-trimming ribbon-cutting of sorts." Set up your tree with garland and lights, and ask guests to bring an ornament to hang on your tree. When the final one is hung, put on the tree topper, and plug in the lights.
- Christmas cookie swap. What says holidays more than homemade cookies shaped like gingerbread men and Christmas trees? Host a cookie swap, and have guests bring their homemade specialty like oatmeal raisin cookies or even fudge brownies.
- Holiday movie marathon. Gather a group of friends to watch movies like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf or Miracle on 34th Street just to name a few. However, be sure that you watch no more than five-- you want to prevent "merry movie fatigue."
- Christmas carol karaoke night. Go to a karaoke bar with private rooms, or buy/borrow a home karaoke set, and "rock out" to the holiday's best songs. To keep this from going on all night, consider using a theme.
For more ideas, check out our source, 12 Christmas Party Themes You Haven't Thought Of Yet.