|Photo from: freedigitalphotos.net|
Choosing a DJ for your event can be difficult. You want the right kind of music and ambiance. The music is the major factor, which sets the mood for your event. To ensure that you choose correctly, here are a few things to consider:
- Source your list of potential DJs. It is best to get a list of potential candidates from people you know and other events you have attended. The venue may also be able to help with this list.
- Meet them in person. This will give you an idea of their professionalism and music tastes. It will also give you an opportunity to discuss the theme and genre of music you prefer.
- Request testimonials. An experienced DJ will be able to provide you with many names of parties or events they've worked at.
- Request their song selection. This is important as you want a DJ with a larger selection of songs so they can handle requests on the night of the event.
- Ask the DJ if he or she has played at your venue before; it is essential that the DJ is familiar with the venues and the sound restrictions they may have.
- Check whether the DJ has the appropriate sound equipment for your event. Most professional DJs own their equipment and can cater to the size of the venue.
- Inquire about lighting and stage effects. Most professional event DJs will be able to provide these.
- Once you have short listed your candidates, attend an event at which your DJ is playing to gauge their professionalism.
- Provide the event DJ with a list of your expectations, such as time of the event, event itinerary, the location and set up time.
- Have a contract in place to document your negotiation and to avoid miscommunication on the night.
The perfect event DJ will be flexible and able to read the energy of your event or party. A good DJ will take requests from the crowd and also be able to change the music up if the energy is low. It is the event DJs responsibility to keep the party or event fun, lively and everyone on the dance floor.
For more information, visit www.nusuevents.com.au
Nariman Taweel is an accomplished trainer and entrepreneur. To view more articles on events and event planning, visit www.nusuevents.com.au.